[Neuroscience] Re: "Brain" Deafness

Brian.D.Duryee briandd at broadpark.no
Sun Dec 25 18:38:47 EST 2005

Why shouldn't there be deafness as a result of brain-damage (or malfunction)
only? And if it is unilateral or not, it depends on the locus of the
abnormality. I'd think the closest would be the Thalamus in this case. In my
own 'case', I'd think the high-pitched tone is due to too load music in my
earlier years, and mechanical damage in certain parts in the cochlea, not
neural damage.

Edit. Please be adviced I'm not an M.D. I don't want to get sued.

"Radium" <glucegen1 at excite.com> skrev i melding
news:1135482689.611974.272080 at f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...