[Neuroscience] Re: Bilateral Dimness of Sight. Color, Image, and Motion unaffected

JetBlack roy.javier at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 04:05:50 EST 2005

Some have suggested that sleep paralysis may be linked to the
post-synaptic inhibitions of motor neurons in the pons. Low level of
melatonin may stop the depolarization current in the nerves. This may
be an evolutionary trick that kept our ancestors from walking off a
cliff...

All motor nerves pass through the reticulum of the pons except for the
motor nerves of the eyes. So the best way to end sleep paralysis is to
move your eyes or open your eyes not try to move your toes or scream...
 I had sleep paralysis for almost every time I sleep but that was long
ago. Almost always, I experience a sort of various visual
hallucinations BEFORE I sucessfully opened or moved my eyes. I even
thought that I was staring outside my window and thought that the sun
was still up but in fact, it was past midnight.

So even if you thought that your eyes really moved, or opened, there is
still a big chance that your are still hallucinating. But if you're
really sure that you're awake, here is my question: did you experienced
other things before being fully awake (i.e. having full control of your
body) or it's just what i imagined? that your view become brighter and
that was accompanied by a sudden jolt in your body and suddenly you
were able to move your body once more?