The Necessary Cognitive Adjustment

kenneth collins kenneth.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 2 04:01:58 EST 2005

"Peter F - for EIMC Internetional Ptd. Lty." <fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
news:sFYLd.45$jY4.2496 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
| "kenneth collins" <kenneth.p.collins at worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:crWLd.133371$w62.66738 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...

| > I've thought about doing an NDT site,
| > including offering a updated paper ver-
| > sion of AoK "for sale" :-]
|
| Good!
|

| > But I can't afford a high-speed con-
| > nection, which is pretty-much nec-
| > essary to maintain a decent web site,
| > and I can't afford to pay for a "com-
| > mercial" web site, anyway.
|
| Am sure you are mistaken.
| The file would be so small
| that even a connection speed
| as low as 28.8 kb is not a valid
| excuse for not doing it. :-|

| Moreover, there are no extra costs
| above the service provider's basic
| connection fee.
|
| Yours cordially,
|
| Peter

I've refrained because all the providers
have "monthly traffic" graded fee scales,
so my small personal resources could be
wiped-out even though I'd signed up at
a rate that I could afford for a few 'months'.

Then, I'd Die.

It's part of the "stress" that I have to carry
that I'm not materially-enabled to do much
of anything that folks view as being "trivial".

Other factors are that I'd have to contract
with a fully-'guaranteed' provider -- one
that emphasizes security, and they're not
"cheap". And, since I cannot stay online,
I couldn't maintain the site even if I could
squeak-by in paying for it while I was off-
line. And, extrapolating from what has
been my experience, I have to expect that
any web site I'd do would be hacked, and,
if I was offline, I could do nothing about
that. And, I long-ago converted AoK to
HTML, but no longer have access to that.
And, when I tried to convert it again last
'year', the basic files were "corrupted", so
I couldn't convert it. [I discussed, in long-
former posts, how my PCs were literally
destroyed at the hardware level -- drives,
monitors, mother boards, add-in cards
'just' blown-away, forcing me to spend
precious, fixed-amount, resources to re-
build them.] I have a lot of back-ups,
all over the place, but I feel it's necess-
ary for me to "break through" before I
allow myself to access those back-ups
using entirely-fresh equipment.

I could go on and on.

It's not so simple.

I understand that the 'Difficult' stuff that
I've discussed must leave folks "incred-
ulous", but, Honestly, I've hardly discuss-
ed what's actually transpired. It's been
Savage, it's been constant, and it's been
'heart'-braking.

So, I'm 'tired', and am just trying to do
what I can, here in b.n, hoping that some-
thing will happen that'll allow NDT's un-
derstanding to be generally Communicat-
ed.

This said, yes, I've "fantacized" about be-
ing able to fund the work I do by "selling"
copies of AoK on a web site.

The thought gives me Joy.

But I've no reason to expect that it'd
come to fruition.

Long-ago purchased the "tools" to do
it, learned them, put them back in their
boxes because they 'just' invited the
Savagery.

NDT and TH have technical value in
the Trillions.