Happy Groundhog Day!

kenneth collins kenneth.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 2 15:55:58 EST 2005

Happy Groundhog Day!

Puxatawny Bill saw his shadow. "Six more
'weeks' of winter" :-[

'Course, 'winter's nothing new -- "same 'day'"
over and over again.

It's a bright sunny 'day', so I went out today.

Came across a couple of magazines bearing
"bad-news". Bought one. Put a "Star" next
to the other one.

The one I purchased was the Feb, 2002
issue of =Scientific American=.

There's an article in it, "Making Memories
Stick", by R. D. Fields, p.74, that I'll read,
and comment upon after the President's
State of the Union address, but one thing
caught my attention when I skimmed it before
I bought it.

On p81, there's a bold text box that reads,
"Finally, we began to appreciate that the
important factor was time."

This's B. S., although the use of the past
tense is fitting.

I'll discuss, in-detail, after I've studied
the article, in-detail.

This discussion will be something no one
who Loves Neuroscience will want to
miss.

[I Promise.]

K. P. Collins