On Janov's view

kenneth collins kenneth.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 3 04:25:45 EST 2005

"Peter F - for EIMC Internetional Ptd. Lty." <fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
news:pOkMd.88$Z%5.3942 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...

| "kenneth collins" <kenneth.p.collins at worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
| news:neeMd.7444$xR1.6399 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| <snip>
|
| > Infants deprived of touch literally
| > "fail to thrive", and Die if it continues
| > interminably.
| >
| > There's a dramatic set of monkey exper-
| > iments that explored all of this. [I'm "tuned"
| > elsewhere just now, so I can't give the Ref.,
| > but I'll look it up if you're interested.]
|
| No need to - since I am very familiar with who did what and how
| the experiments turned out (as could and 'should' have been safely predicted
| without any nasty experimentation).

They were 'pretty'Nasty. I can still
see the forlorn monkey clinging to
it's fake-headed-terry-cloth thing.

| By intercEPTing people I am fishing only for
| similarly informed types - i.e., people who, like me, might
| be ready for, and even enjoy, some fresh philosophical
| stimulation from a philantropically oriented perspective
| of overviewing ourselves. %-]
|

| <snip>

| > |
| > | I have been at pains trying to communicate
| > | my insightful appreciation and terminology
| > | for how *I* and most other people function and behave,
| > | and now you thank me by suggesting I am suggesting
| > | you are *merely* neurotic! %-)
| >
| > I've long been aware that folks tend
| > to "dismiss" 'me' in that way.
| >
| > It happens be-cause folks tend to
| > 'see me' in a "Swiss-cheesy" 'way',
| > which is why I want to meet with folks
| > in-person.
| >
| > | No, no, Ken! You are only 'intercEPTed' by, and in discussion
| > | with, me because of what you have written in this newsgroup;
| > |
| > | And because you - like me - have developed a, on
| > | 'neurobiology frequently focused' interest, or a ditto AEVASIVEly
| > | preoccupied style of coping with and living of your life - a style
| > | that in this respect is somewhat similar to mine.
| >
| > Perhaps I misinterpret "AEVASIVE" as
| > connoting "evasive", which is 'just'-the-
| > opposite of how I see what I do.
|
| Of course it connotes (as in co-notes) evasion!
|
| However, it seems you have not (yet) taken-in enough of what I mean
| by AEVASIVE.
|
| AEVASIVE refers to a fairly general "ambi-advantageousness" of brain
| functions.
|
| This (_thus formulated/represented_) *aspect* of what brains do has evolved
| as a matter of *an explanatory principle*.
|
| This principle corresponds to the (obvious? - it seems not ;)  fact that,
| throughout phylogeny of fauna, *ambi-advantageous* (thusly evolutionarily
| successful) mutations/mutants/adaptations can be seen to have *tended* (or
| even 'trended') to evolve (and to be naturally selected) due to frequently
| simultaneously arising and impacting (~= simultaneously naturally selecting
| and "actention selecting"):
|
| 1. SHITS type (come CURSES type) adverse (~negatively naturally selective)
| lifetime "pressures".
|
| (The two acronyms are eclectically-pragmatically thought-up terms for types
| of throughout phylogeny realized (and, by benefit of logic and hindsight,
| recognizable as forming useful concepts) _primarily destructive_
| patterning-potentials/probabilities.)
|
| AND
|
| 2. Environmental "opportunity type" evolutionary (~ positively selective)
| pressures.
|
| (In case of the 'opportunity-side' of this didactic dichotomy of - what may
| be described as - the all-encompassingly universal "evolutionary pressure
| totality", what I refer to are:  in phylogeny realized _primarily
| constructive_
| patterning potentials/probabilities.)
|

| So, according to what I just most likely in vain again tried to
| explain :), you could be "at least doubly mistaken". %-|

| That is, you might have failed (and/or I might have failed to allow you)
| to perceive my *deliberately aimed for* by means of the "AE" constellation
| of acronymic capitals
| combined with an in depth definition of the key concEPT "ambi-advantagous"
| (as used in "Ambi-advantageously Evolved") permanently defer peoples
| tendency to a profoundly prejudiced
| (prejudiced because of all that AEVASIVE imply) interpretation of my clear
| and obvious but
| POSITIVELY NOT INTENDED TO UNSUBTLE AND DEROGATORY
| (at best only tragi-comic - to those gifted with seriously sEPTic humor)
| allusion to "evasion".
|

| > Yes, there is a =lot= of stuff that I don't
| > discuss, but my overall "way" is a "run-
| > ning toward the fire", not "away from" it.
| >
| > I'm Determined to do such on behalf of
| > the Children.
| >
| > Are you emphasizing what's Obvious in
| > that? That I Obviously developed Empathy
| > for the Children be-cause of my own Child-
| > hood experience?
| >
| > That's True, but my Empathy derives in
| > my Knowledge of how my Parents were
| > Brutalized in their Childhoods. It was
| > when I Realized what had befallen them
| > that the "Fire" to =End= all that's entalied
| > ignited within my Being.
|
| All of what you say is very plain to see
| in light of "primal-theoretical/therapeutic"
| understanding of relevant developmental
| dynamics.
|
| You just have not had or taken
| (and perhaps never will have or will take)
| the opportunity to understand yourself and others
| from this angle.
|

| > So I don't see that "AEVASIVE" applies
| > to me.
|
| Can you suggest a better (as in 'more neurologically
| aware and appropriate') word than "subconscious" or "preconscious"
| or "pre-actention selection processing"?

"TD E/I-minimization within the special
topological homeomorphism" says it all.

But one has to see the neural Topology,
it's "left", "right", "up", "down", and =Dir-
ected= 'movement of the neural activation
that occurs within such.

And, with respect to how and why it
all gained it's Existence, one has to See
the one-way flow of energy, from order
to disorder, that is what's =described=
by 2nd Thermo [WDB2T].

Life 'just' "climbs" that energy-gradient,
becoming that which enables it to do
so, more.

I understand.

But it's one thing to "just Live",