Substances triggering brain tumors (Parkinson)

John Hasenkam johnh at faraway.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Sun Feb 13 00:04:25 EST 2005

Some cannabinoids have been shown to have anti tumoral effects, particularly
in relation to glioma. Probably because cannabinoids inhibit VEGF, thereby
limiting blood supply to a growing tumor. They also have anti-inflammatory
effects and it does appear that interleukin 1, at basal levels, plays a role
neurogenesis; I think it is tied to NGF production but not sure about that.
Given they are lipid soluble, these compounds will remain present in the
white matter for sometime, depending on dosage.

news:1108254711.554247.41860 at z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...