Substances triggering brain tumors (Parkinson)

kenneth collins kenneth.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 13 18:16:35 EST 2005

<fbonsignore at beethoven.com> wrote in message news:1108264108.450618.146640 at z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
| Assuming a basic efficiency in the coding of genetic mechanisms, it can
| be expected that the inhibiting factors in celluar mitosis are the same
| in all cell types that don`t express mitosis. In abstract, by comparing
| genes from both divisive and non divisive cells this inhibiting factor
| should be relatively esy to isolate.

Such genetic comparison is insufficient
because the 3-D energydynamics that
occur within mature tissue act back up-
on "the genome". So it's necessary to
understand these 3-D energydynamics
[which are the stuff of the "extreme-dyn-
amicism" to which I referred in my reply
to your previous post in this thread].

| What factors determine the permeability of the brain barrier?

That is still being explored. One of the
regulars here in bionet.neuroscience,
Dr. R. Norman, posted a general rule:
anything that's active within the brain
crosses the blood-brain barrier. There's
a "cautionary tale" in such. One had
better understand how and why the
stuff that crosses the blood-brain bar-
rier does what it does =before= one
uses it in Medicine.

This said, of course it's necessary to
continue exploring this sub-problem,
and to do so as thoroughly as possi-
ble =in lab animals=.

| Drugs
| share this characteristic, that they cross the brain barriers. Their
| structure should give a good starting point to investigate the
| properties of brain barrier permeable substances. At the same time, the
| binding property of THC can be used as a starting point to `connect`
| molecules to the brain tissue, so to say.

For reasons that I discussed in my reply
to your first post in this thread, psycho-
active substances are inadequate 'teachers'
with respect to the deep Problem that you
have brought up.

| Myabe by combining properties of this molecules in more complex
| molecules (depending n the reasons why the membrane turns permeable),
| we can devise molecules (even nanomachines) that, once carried into the
| cerebral tissue will release their `payload` or, through combination
| with other in-brain substances (sugar, water, oxygen), would transform
| into the useful substance that would uninhibit cellular mitosis.

This strategy is old, and is the subject
of ongoing Research efforts.

| This
| kind of thinking (don`t know at this moment exact procedures or
| methodologies), may lead to some kind of `formulae` that can be
| solvable. Somebody knows how advanced is the use of mathematical models
| to the design of molecules?

It's so advanced that it's being automated
in many different ways, and in many 'dif-
ferent' Research efforts.

| Food for thought...

Yes, it is.

The "rub" is that the purpose of "food" is
empowering work, and work is work.

But "food" is the Necessary beginning
of "work".

So thank you for inviting us to the "din-
ner" you've spread-out for us.

"Dine" yourself, and work if the energy
'moves' you in that way.

ken [k. p. collins]