An Extremely-Important thing

kenneth collins kenneth.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 24 18:28:28 EST 2005

news:0K3Td.268342$w62.200459 at bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
| [...]

| "When the dust settles", all that'll be left
| standing will be the 'new' synthesis of
| experiment that I'll have presented.
|
| [But, if anyone want's to 'challenge' anything,
| as it's being discussed, there'll be worth in
| that, too.]
| [...]

Wow! I'm only up to page 129 [the end of
Chapter 4] in my Intro Molecular Biology
text [Excellent Book], but the "food" is al-
ready "floating" me high :-]

There're =so many= things that I want to
"restructure", by pointing out what's in-them
that hadn't been noticed be-cause folks
didn't understand 3-D energydynamics
[3-D E].

I'd have to write a book to do that, though,
so I'll only be able to discuss the really-im-
portant stuff, first, and, if I can hang-on a
bit, I'll go back and fill-in the details, which
are already as a 3-D "solid".

So the first =really= Important things that
I want to discuss, within this larger discuss-
ion of "Standing-Wave Genetics" [genetic
"functional-multiplexing"] and how it =all=
reduces directly to 3-D E is the "3-D E
'knowledge' Engram".

You know -- how a cell 'knows' its current
3-D E 'state', and how it uses such 'know-
ledge' in ordering its internal dynamics.

It's my Analysis that such 3-D E 'knowledge'
is constituted in glycogen molecules and
their branched-ness. [For those who have
the text, see p125ff, "Organisms Store Food
Molecules in Spedcial Reservoirs".]

Quoting necessary context from the text:

These "reservoirs" include "the large branched
polysaccharide glygogen [...], which is present
as small granules in the cytoplasm of many
cells", and fat. "Quantitatively, fat is a far more
important storage form than glycogen, in part
because the oxidation of a gram of fat releases
about twice as much energy as the oxidation
of a gram of glycogen. Moreover, glycogen
differs from fat in binding a great deal of water,
producing a sixfold difference in the actual
mass of glycogen required to store the same
amount of energy as fat. An average adult
human stores enough glycogen for only about
a day of normal activities but enough fat to
last for nearly a month."

End of quoted contextual information.

Glycogen production seems relatively-costly,
but it's not because it constitutes the "engram"
that contains 'knowledge', usable in the rest
of a cell's dynamics, and through which 'know-
ledge' the rest of the cell is able to regulate
its 3-D E, "functionally-multiplexing" various
chemical-reaction branch-points as a func-
tion of glycogen-existence.

In other words, the 'costliness' of glycogen
energy-storage is illusory because the main
function of glycogen is to act as a 'know-
ledge-base' with respect to cellular-'level'
3-D E.

Get it?

Full comprehension needs the details given
in the first 4 chapters of this particular book,
and I've nailed all of that stuff, but I'd have
to copy the book into msgs to discuss all of
it, and the discussion I'd add would, itself,
be book-length. So how can I do that via
the posting of msgs?

[I'll give the ref. again. =Essential Cell Biology;
An Introduction to the Molecular Biology of
the Cell=, by B. Alberts, D. Bray, A. Johnson,
J. Lewis, M. Raff, K. Roberts, and P. Walter,
© 1998, Garland Publishing, Inc., ISBN:
0-8153-2045-0.]

In my reading, I'm just being vigilant with re-
spect to 3-D E, and, in general, the way
I've Restructured Biological Science, which
I've been discussing, over the years, when-
ever I've discussed "3-D energydynamics".

The main thing that guided this Restructur-
ing of Buological Science was the =Absolute=
Necessity, disclosed early-on in the devel-
opment of NDT, that the "microscopic
trophic modifications" [micro mods] that
actualize "learning" Deterministically-couple
experience and molecular dynamics.

This Necessity is =Absolute= be-cause,
if there were no such Deterministic-coupling
of experience and molecular dynamics, it'd
be Impossible to actually Learn -- instead,
micro mods would occur willy-nilly, and
behavior, cognition, affect, consciousness,
etc. would not be Unified, and nervous
system function would take the form of
undirected "chaos" in which none of the
underpinning molecular dynamics were co-
ordinated.

The traditional 'way' of addressing this
problem is to invoke 'probabilistic pres-
sures' that result in molecular dynamics
being 'co-ordinated' in ways that, 'sort
of fall-together' along energy-gradients.

But this's Verifiably-Inadequate be-cause
Stability would be a 'crap-shoot', which,
at the level of the complexity of nervous
system integration 'just' wouldn't be Func-
tional -- because, if molecular dynamics
were not Determined, small fluctuations
in molecular dynamics could thwart high-
er-level convergence [TD E/I-minimiza-
tion would be "Impossible" because
there'd always be molecular dynamics
that were 'going their own ways'], and
there'd be no Unity, which is Absolutely
Necessary if behavior, etc, are to be
Directed in ways that enable Useful Work
to be performed upon, and within, the
external experiential 3-D E in which host
organisms exist.

Diseases in which the Biology breaks-
down, in various ways, only confirm
this Absolute Necessity because they
provide examples of what happens
when sub-processes go off in unco-
ordinated 'directions'.

Get it?

The glycogen "engram" literally Determ-
ines how and why the energy "pathways",
in which individual molecular constituents
can 'go' multiple ways, will actively branch
in ways that're co-ordinated within a cell-
global way with respect to 3-D E. [I'm
only up to chapter 4. [Chapter 5 is "pro-
tein synthesis", and I'm Anxious to get to
that.] But this Analysis will Stand. I've
worked-it-through all the way down
within the stuff of the first 4 chapters.

It's 3-D E all the way down.

Not 'turtles' :-]

BTW, it'll be productive to investigate
glycogen-synthesis break-down with respect
to degenerative disease processes, especial-
ly those that leave "scraps" of incompletely-
formed proteins, because it's just obvious
that, if this "glycogen 3-D E-engram" does
not form properly, all manner of molecular
dynamics will "fall off the tracks". ["Of
course", if this "glycogen 3-D E-engram" is
involved, there will also be other stuff that's
involved. I'm not saying that "glycogen is
everything :-]

Anyway, all I actually wanted to do in
this post is to declare that glycogen em-
bodies the cellular-level 3-D E-'knowledge'
"engram".

So folks can have a "jaw-hanging-down"
experience with respect to what they
thought they 'knew' about Molecular
Biology [I chose the "glycogen" stuff be-
cause I'm still "poking folks in the ribs"
[I hope, playfully enough] with respect
to their 'knee-jerks' with respect to my
earlier discussion of the role of "sugars"
in genetic "functional-multiplexing" :-]

I'm =really= "falling in Love" with Mol-
ecular Biology. It's 'funny'. I've known
that I'd "one day" have to address it,
but, until now, have refrained from do-
ing so be-cause I wanted to go after
stuff that, from my general reading in
Neuroscience, I knew were not ad-
dressed in-it.

But, with that "other stuff" in-hand, it's
such a Joy to read in Molecular Biol-
ogy!

I'm Sorry that I don't know how to
discuss the stuff that's been "missing"