The actention focusing power of magic

Sir Frederick mmcneill at fuzzysys.com
Tue Jan 11 00:41:24 EST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:13:31 +1100, "Peter F - for EIMC Internetional Ptd. Lty."
<fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>You might not know that I like analyzing what
>our "Actention Selection System" makes us capable of.
>
>It even allows some people to construct magic websites!
>
>For an example, go to http://www.magicword.se/
>
>Click on "Magi" ((Magic)
>
>On the new page click on "Korttrick" (card trick)
>
>Now you will be shown six cards.
>Think of one and _remember_ it.
>(Make sure you don't let your computer know which.)
>
>Then click on "Klar" (Ready)
>
>Then observe how hard it is
>to hide anything from your computer
>- who, as it turns out, succeeds at
>removing the card you thought about.
>
>If you think it is worth your while,
>you can start over again, by clicking "Tillbaka".
>
>Cheers,
>Peter

No magic, the machine cheats by removing them all.
All those then displayed are new.

The only "real" magic  I experience is "existence" : that there
is something rather than nothing.

I experience some "virtual magic" in the qualia of my
subjective experiences. Virtual magic is a pragmatic
evolutionary delusion, easily understood by studying
AI. IMO AI should be required studies for all studying
neuroscience.
--
Best,
Frederick Martin McNeill
mmcneill at fuzzysys.com
http://www.fuzzysys.com
http://members.cox.net/fmmcneill/
Phrase of the week :
"Who does Not Know the Truth, is simply a Fool...
Yet who Knows the Truth and Calls it a Lie, is a Criminal."
- In "Galileo Galilei" by Berthold Brecht (1898-1956)
:-))))Snort!)