The Necessary Cognitive Adjustment

Peter F - for EIMC Internetional Ptd. Lty. fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jan 31 10:03:55 EST 2005

"kenneth collins" <kenneth.p.collins at worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:2Z7Ld.42776$8u5.261 at bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> "Peter F - for EIMC Internetional Ptd. Lty." <fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> news:2K6Ld.691$t57.24088 at nnrp1.ozemail.com.au...
> | [...]
> | I think you would find - if you looked - that not only
> | are the central tenets of Janov's view is - like yours -
> | based on scientific facts, but that it also is satisfyingly
> | complementary to your insights.
> |
> | But of course, you may never care to look.
> | At least to that extent we live in a free world! :-)
> |
> | Cheers,
> |
> | Peter
>
> You posted a "Janov" web site a while back.
>
> I took a serious look at it and found it to be
> a "commercial" site that wanted to "sell"
> stuff. So I left without pursuing it any further.

That response of yours examplifies *your own
insight* into how each our - of us conditioning - environment
can groove/incline us towards different blindly automated
predjudices.

<snip>

> With respect to your oft-reiterated invocation
> of "Janov", I was hoping that you'd just dis-
> cuss what it is that you want me to consider.

For example:

Janov's therapeutic and theoretical emphasis of
the importance of allowing/facilitating new neural connections
that very much in depth dispell the defensively misconnected gating reflexes
that preserve/perpetuate CURSES.

A certain Primal Pain (CURSES) is not just a
kind of memory (or engram) of a lifetime situation that
caused signals being sent by one (or more) - for "pain detection"
specialized - neuron.

It also is -- in agreement with your view of your "TD E/I-up/down"
brain functional and behaviour-organizing principle --
an increase in different glutamatergic firing frequencies
(e.g. caused by a lack of instinctively required
type of sensory input - e.g., from an absence of physical touch in
an person's first months and years of life) that
at certain frequency-thresholds trigger not just
the realease of pain correlated signal substances
such as substance P, and that at long enough durations of such
stimulation/firing (and/or given a sufficient inhibitory competition
from other actention modules within the Actention Selection System)
get to be counteracted by opioids and/or GABA-ergic lateral inhibition (from the "competing" modules).

> You know -- rather than pointing me to it as
> a sort of "Rorshach test" :-]

I can see where you are coming from.
Shame on me. :->