[Neuroscience] Re: Mastering The Elusive Theta State

Ron Hubbard notat at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 25 18:49:12 EST 2005

"Dirk Bruere at Neopax" <dirk at neopax.com> wrote in message
news:3i5b6qFjr0q8U1 at individual.net...
> Ron Hubbard wrote:
>
> > "Dirk Bruere at Neopax" <dirk at neopax.com> wrote in message
> > news:3i3nv1Fjm4ioU1 at individual.net...

Hz

> >>Why not use a binaural tone to help maintain it?
> >

> > I've tried that as well as using the WaveRider Jr. biofeedback unit to get
there.
> > But the best I can hold onto this state is a couple of days. As much as I
practice
> > at it, I should be able to enter it whenever I want to unless there's
something I
> > don't understand.
>
> It's not a natural everyday 'doing your job' brain state.
> For example, anything exciting will push your brain into alpha or beta.

I know it's not natural-- well, it is for me when I get either very angry or very
bored-- but the purpose of biofeedback is to be able to enter any brainwave state
or influence the body under conscious control. people who meditate for twenty or
thirty years can do it, but I don't have the time or patience to meditate that
long. And getting violently angry just to reach such a brainwave state is bad for
one's health.

Ron