[Neuroscience] Re: Nystatin for perforated patches

SJM Guzman jose.guzman at medizin-uni-leipzig.de
Mon Jun 27 12:09:40 EST 2005

Hi there!

I have some experience with perforated patch-clamp. For Nystatin you
should simply to take care to work in darkness, when possible (it is
UV-sensitive...). Stock solution should be stored (-20ºC) in those color
eppendorf tubes or wrapped with Aluminum foil, to keep them away from
the UV rays....

I could give you more advices, if you tell me exactly which kind of
cells are you trying to patch (slices or cell-culture?).

I personally find Anphotericin B better for perforated patching! :P

Regards!

--
ÿþS