dendrites/gates

Stephen Harris cyberguard1048-usenet at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 14:21:58 EST 2005

"N" <mimo_545 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:bbc8964c.0503181414.638b1e22 at posting.google.com...
>I have two questions, hope you can help;
>
> Firstly,
> Has anyone any links to graphics or may be able
> to explain how dendrites 'transmit' their
> information/charge?
>
> Do they have a one way or parallel system?
> are dendrites multifilamentous?
>
> secondarily;
> How do they connect and disconnect?, does this
> work like a magnet? what force is this called
> in neurochemistry?
>
> Thanks
>
> N.

I think this page offers a pretty good explanation with some graphics.
http://williamcalvin.com/bk8/bk8ch7.htm

There is also a relationship between DNA computing (tiles), Cellular
Automata (CA) and Wang tiles expressing Turing machines with graphics.
http://www.dna.caltech.edu/Papers/SierpinskiDNA_PLoS2004.pdf

I became interested in this algorithmic self-assembly from reading
about approaching AI with reinforcement learning.