Terri Schiavo Question

kenneth collins kenneth.p.collins at worldnet.att.net
Wed Mar 30 21:05:02 EST 2005

"Jason" <jason at nospam.com> wrote in message news:jason-3003051035260001 at pm1-broad-114.snlo.dialup.fix.net...
| [...]
|
| I just read an interesting article related to Terri Schiavo at this site:
| www.villagevoice.com
|
| The title of the article is
| Terri Schiavo--Judicial Murder
|
| I believe that this is the first time in America that various judges
| have conspired with a husband to murder his wife by starving her to death.
| The judges won't even allow family members to put ice chips on the tongue
| of Terri Schiavo.

There's a =lot= of Crucial stuff that's
being "swept under the table" in
the Terri Schiavo 'case'.

Her Husband's "Malpractice" Lawsuit
was Predicated upon his "wanting to
keep her Alive.

The Decision was made to keep her
Alive.

That Decision Acted within, and Determ-
ined, her Existence for 15 'years'.

Her Parents are Willing to do the Work
inherent in Sustaining her existence.

I've seen [and discussed here in bionet.
neuroscience] a more-drasticly-damaged
brain which belonged to an Englishman
who was largely-functional.

Now, after allowing Terri to endure 15
'years' of the Sustained Existence, her
Husband Decides that the Decision
which Predicated his Lawsuit was In-
correct, and, after 15 'years' of their
believing his prior Decision, their Lives
being pretty-much Determined by it, that
he cannot allow her Parents to just con-
tinue believing in the Correctness of his
prior Decision.

---

There's a lot of 'medical' stuff that under-
pins what's going-on. Folks're routinely
Killed by 'medicine' as a matter of 'con-
venience'.

I've some personal experience with this.

My Mom was Killed in this way.

She had terminal cancer, and, after Fighting
like the Champion-Woman she was for
eight 'years', had left instructions to forgo
"heroic efforts".

Part of her former treatment was to receive
massive blood transfusions when her intern-
al organs would reach the point where they'd
hemorrhage. The transfusions would resttore
her blood-counts, and she'd rebound to
relatively-strong 'normal' functionality for
6 'months' or so.

She went through such transfusions repeatedly,
always with the 'same' result.

When she had her final crisis, I was 'incarcer-
ated', and, in my absence, no one expressed
her wishes to not "heroically" ressuscitated.

So, during her emergency care, she was given
massive transfusions, which 'completely' res-
suscitated her.

She met my eyes, there in her intensive-care
bed, all tubed and wired up, with her usual
impish grin -- just happy to see me.

I'd seen the same Joyous result repeatedly
during the 'years' she Struggled against her
cancer, and Knew that we'd have 'time' to-
gether.

But her Doctors didn't see the same.

They put her on a morphine drip, saying
that she'd expire at any 'moment'.

Listening to them, I stayed with her, giving
her water with a sponge.

After staying for 7 days, I finally discussed
her cyclic-transfusion-"rejuvenation" with
her Doctors, and told them that she was
not succumbing to her cancer but to Thirst.

After listening to me her Doctors promised
me that they would get her out of that wait-
ing-for-Death 'state', and take actions that
would take advantage of the results of the
massive transfusions that she'd received.

I went home that night so I could take a
shower, only to receive a telephone call
saying that she'd died.

She was Murdered.

This same sort of thing happens routinely,
as a matter of 'convenience', within 'medicine'.

"After all, everybody dies."

But, you see? Just as my Mom's Life should've
been Sustained be-cause, despite her having
Decided to undergo no further "heroic efforts",
be-cause Heroic efforts were, nevertheless,
enacted, the Decisions that Predicated her
Husband's Legal action must be Honored.

The only thing that's altered is "money"-stuff,
and that's moot because Terri's Parents have
said that they are willing to Sustain Terri's
Life, and the Court's original Disposition in
Terri's case, which was in-Accord with her
Husband's stated wishes and Decisions.

If it's as her Husband says -- that Terri had
expressed to him that she would not want
to be sustained in the way that she has, in fact,
been Sustained, her Husband was Wrong
either then, or now.

So, see?

Decistions that are made =matter=, and, once
those Decisions =Act= to alter the course of
things, one cannot 'toss-out' those Decisions,
and their Ramifications, as a matter of 'con-
venience'.

But that's exactly what's being done in the
Terri Schiavo case.

And it Stinks -- be-cause, in what's unfolding,
a Mockery is being made of everything that
underpins Medicine.

Medicine is =not= a "crap-shoot".

The doing of Medicine is Predicated upon
the fact that Medicine is Functional, so
when Medicine Acts, Medicine cannot,
subsequently, deny the Rationale for it's
having taken-Action -- else the Rationale
for Doing Medicine becomes undermined.

Everything that's been going on in the Terri
Schiavo case falls into this "Undermining of
the Rationale upon which the Doing of Med-
icine Rests".

The =Decision= was made 15 'years' ago.

A Court Case was won by Terri's Husband.

Everything that's transpired since then, up until
the recent "changing of her Husband's mind",
Derived in that Legal Decision.

Terri Schiavo has been Sustained in her 'state'
of Existence be-cause of that prior Legan
Decision.

Now the Court 'denies' its former Decision?

How, then, is =Law= to be Sustained?

I mean, the former Decision, which has
Determined Terri Schiavo's Existence for 15
'years', is, now, after having Dared to so
alter the course of her Existence, and her
Parents' and Brothers' Existences, a "Whoops!"?

If that's the case, then it's also the case that
everything that Derived in that earlier Legal
Decision must be reversed if the former
Decision is reversed.

But how can that be done?

Folks Lived in accord with that earlier
Decisions, Good Citizens, Honoring the
Decision of the Court.

Now the Court says, "Whoops!"?

Who will pay back the Malpractice Award?

Who will give Terri's Parents and Brother
a "different 15 'years'?

And, most important of all, who will say
what is "different" for Terri Schiavo now,
than what were her interests when the former
Legal Decision was made?

Surely her nervous system is different, now,
than it was 15 'years' ago.

100% of that "difference" Derives in the
Court's prior Decision.

I wish I could be more-"eloquent", but
the above is what the Terri Schiavo "case"
means to me.

Her Parents are Willing to Care for her.

Her Life was obviously Sustainable.

Just as my Mom's was.

After the Decisions that Sustained
her Life, and which Imposed upon her
Parents and Brother what they did Impose
upon her Parents and Brother, were made,
why Kill her?

It doesn't make-Sense.

K. P. Collins