Michael Howard licensed human brain perfusion to Biodynamics Research Ltd.

janette_fraser janette_fraser at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 06:08:21 EST 2005

Allen L. Barker wrote:
> Peter F - for EIMC Internetional Ptd. Lty. wrote:
> > "Allen L. Barker" <alb at datafilter.com> wrote in message
> > news:hwtce.1600$GQ5.781 at newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...

MOD.

> >>These are serious charges.  How do you know this?

I've been looking into it after a friend of mine who worked on the
project finally opened up and told me details.  He's happy enough for
me to investigate along as I don't disclose his name.  He's a peer
reviewed scientist who used to work for Thomas Swann, and was sent down
to Cardiff to design the equipment needed.  He left a few years later
to pursue another career.  Anyways - Curtis disclosed to him that they
(BDR) were the first company to be awarded a home office licence to
work with human brains in this way.  Thomas Swann was well in with the
MOD at the time and had various contracts from them.  In 1997 he bought
out BDR from Curtis and Hughes, and Thomas Swann became the parent
company.

Btw - according to my friend, Curtis succeeded in keeping the brains
alive.  I imagine that the donors were people who would have died in
ordinary circumstances anyways - ie. someone with 90% burns or
something like that.  I don't think you can classify someone as dead if
they can still think - even without a body, so this is a case of
extreme and bizarre torture - not actual murder.

At the moment I'm looking for more proof and I've requested the home
office licence under the freedom of information act.  That should
substantiate my friends claims, although we're arguing over semantics
at the mo.  Cardiff Uni denies everything.  It even denies that Curtis,
Hughes and Rao worked for them - even though they (Curtis et al.)
reference the university on company websites, literature, in journals
and at conferences.

Janette Fraser.