Left/Righ and hearing

MZ zarellam at removetwcny.rr.comspam
Wed May 11 15:44:07 EST 2005

> > Then you should read about the optic chiasm and the projection of left
> > vs. right fields in each eye to each cerebral hemisphere.
>
> Just done so.
> All I can conclude is that feeding differential signals into the eyes will
> probably not work with albino siamese cats:-)

I think what Dr. Norman is saying is that the eyes don't project to
contralateral hemispheres only.  Rather, it's the visual fields that project
to contra hemispheres.  I've inferred from your comments that you're under
the impression that a signal entering the left eye will be segregated to the
right hemisphere, but this is not so.  If I'm mischaracterizing your
statements, I apologize.