Staining of neurons: biocytine vs. lucifer yellow?

Darwin darwin at beagle.net
Tue May 17 23:14:52 EST 2005

Actually, you can see the axon.  I think they cut it off in this picture
though.  From the same series of experiments from this lab, they filled
granule neurons in the dentate gyrus with Lucifer Yellow while they were
doing patch recordings and you can easily follow the axon through the hilus
to its terminal on CA3 pyramidal neurons.  They were also able to see the
spines on the dendrites quite clearly.

news:d6chhf$ta$1 at news1.uni-leipzig.de...