[Neuroscience] Re: action potential at the beginning of hodgkin huxley simulation

thalamus giordano.sagredo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 13:52:44 EST 2005

I didn't look at your code, but if your simulation is correct (a big if
with these complicated models: I am assuming your parameters are all
within reasonable settings, which they should be if you followed their
paper), I can only think of two reasons you would get an initial spike.
Namely, if your initial value of voltage or sodium conductance is set
too high, you would get an initial spike in the absence of an input
current. Or, if your initial value of potassium conductance is set too
low, you might get a spike.

You could also check against other online parameters, such as here:
http://retina.anatomy.upenn.edu/~lance/modelmath/hodgkin_huxley.html