[Neuroscience] The mitochondrion as a flip-flop memory element in neurons

Neil Jobalia njobalia at fuse.net
Mon Nov 21 13:21:32 EST 2005

I am writing a fictional novel, and am integrating a few ideas about
mitochondria and evolution (Mitochondrial Eve, etc.)  I am intrigued by your
discussion of mitochondria as possibly involved in our ability to think.  I
am a physician, so I have a rough understanding of cellular mechanisms.  My
questions for you are (1) are there others also studying the connection of
mitochondria with brain activity?  And (2) if not, would you mind if I
mention the concept in my book (very cursorily?)

Thank you,

Karen Jobalia