[Neuroscience] Hardness of learning: Artificial vs. Biological Neural Nets

hmobahi at gmail.com hmobahi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 01:46:58 EST 2006

Hi,

Has there ever been shown any correlation between hardness of learning
a problem for human being and any artificial neural net model? For
instance, we know that patterns whose features are not linearly
separable are harder to be learned by an MLP. Has any one ever
investigated this issue in human side to see if human has difficulty in
classifying patterns whose boundary in not linearly separable? I am not
talking about a general experiment; even a very specific experiment,
say psychophysics, in a specified domain is also sufficient for my
purpose.

Thanks