[Neuroscience] Re: Color and Vision

Michael Olea oleaj at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 11 20:38:26 EST 2006

mimo_545 at hotmail.com wrote:

> zaphod at myrealbox.com wrote:
>>In writing about Technicolor for my next book on cinema I've become
>>interested in how people see color.  I'm trying to figure out, first,
>>what it meant to leave out blue in the first experiments with 2-strip
> (try Edwin Land?)

Have a look also at:

showing that color sensation depends on eye movements (see Aline Bompas)
Also: A new approach to color: explaining unique hues, opponency and Berlin
& Kay's anthropological data on color naming from a simple sensorimotor
hypothesis (with David Philipona) Download pdf

Available here:

And the references therein. It speaks directly to your two questions.

Also worth a look:

Schrater and Kersten: "Vision, Psychophysics, and Bayes"

It's a little broader setting, but some good stuff on color perception in
that paper.

-- Michael