[Neuroscience] Re: Recovering from AVM surgery?

mitch at mbsoundworks.com mitch at mbsoundworks.com
Fri Aug 18 22:52:09 EST 2006

John H, whoever you are, I can't imagine a better and more concise
response.
In some way, you were very encouraging in a situation that could not be
in any measurable way encouraged.

You have a way with words.

My wife, a brilliant woman who is an executive with a Fortune 500
company, is stooped over a walker, wears an eyepatch, and her speech is
barely comprehensible.

The angios and MRI/MRA's show no event whatsoever.  We're told that it
could be that her cerebellum is "stunned" from the surgery, since her
symptoms seem to be global.

I've obviously wandered into the wrong forum.
But I want to say, based on what I've seen during my time at
Northwestern, you people are amazing,

Your diligent study contributes so much to cases like my wife's.  What
did we have 50 years ago?  What will we have 50 years from now?