[Neuroscience] Re: Philosophical Foundations of Neuroscience

jonesmat via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by jonesmat At physiology.wisc.edu)
Fri Dec 8 11:26:34 EST 2006

Well, this has been great fun.

I don't think I can add anything useful to this thread, other than to
assure Matthew that I was expressing 'mock dismay" at his expression of
"mock dismay", and to congratulate John H on the brilliant insult "You
are a useless oxygen bandit.", which I will definitely remember to use
at some point. Also, I would like to warn "Entertained by my own EIMC"
against engaging in any more Sizemore-baiting. Clearly you do not know
with whom you are dealing.

I hereby confess that Glen has argued me into a corner, using the
following ironclad line of reasoning:

GS: You do not seem to understand what the mereological fallacy is.

GS: Again, you don't seem to have a clue as to what you are talking
about.

GS: Sigh. ... you are insufferably arrogant. And despite the fact
that I dislike you intensely, I tried to keep the ad hominems out of
it. I'm
still trying.

GS: Can you read?

GS: I have already addressed this.

GS: The things people say cannot be reduced to logic

GS: I stand by my assessment of you. You are arrogant, and you have the
intellectual integrity of a 6th grade creationist.

GS: I have already dealt with this.

GS: You're out of your alleged mind.

GS: It is a profound tragedy that the entire field -right
down to in vitro guys like you - is populated by arrogant shits that
run
about patting themselves on the back as they spew what is literally
nonsense.

GS: You're truly pathetic. Does your arrogance and ignorance know any
bounds?

GS: Idiot.

I guess that'll teach me to venture so far out of my depth. What was I
(or rather,my brain) thinking?

-Matt