[Neuroscience] Re: On cell recording? What goes in the pipette?

ian.vitro At gmail.com via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by ian.vitro At gmail.com)
Fri Dec 15 11:57:36 EST 2006

Haven't done too much in the way of population recordings; but any
non-carbonate buffer should work well. I think your HEPES-buffered ACSF
recipe should be OK; just be sure to adjust osmolarity such that you
are the same as your ACSF outside the cell - for example if you are
just adding 10 uM solute by adding adding HEPES, you should also remove
10 uM from something else, probably glucose. Messing with your NaCl or
KCl concentrations will screw up your electrical potentials. Uncool.

Ian