[Neuroscience] Electrophysiology: monosynaptic vs heterosynaptic transmission.

SJM Guzman jose.guzman at medizin-uni-leipzig.de
Tue Feb 21 09:51:48 EST 2006

Hi there:

Questions for the experts in electrophysiology....

I have a couple of questions regarding homosynaptic/heterosynaptic
transmission. Typically, postsynaptic currents or potentials (PSC or
PSP) with a constant latency time (time between the stimulus artifact
and the onset of the response) are refered as monosynaptic (better to
say homosynaptic...?), whereas heterosynaptic responses don't have a
constant latency time. What is the reason of that?

On the other hand, I would like to know, why the slope of the EPSP/C is
used to evaluate the homosynaptic component of a heterosynaptic response
(i.e field potentials)?

Thank you very much in advance for the answers.

Segundo J Guzman
--
ÿþS