[Neuroscience] Re: Electrophysiology: monosynaptic vs heterosynaptic transmission.

r norman NotMyRealEmail at _comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 15:44:40 EST 2006

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:29:36 +0100, SJM Guzman
<jose.guzman at medizin-uni-leipzig.de> wrote:

>Hi R. Norman:
>
>Your explanation was fabulous. I was kind of confuse regarding the
>terminology homosynaptic/monosynpatic. Now is clear to me. Again thank
>you very much.
>
>Regarding the field potential question.... To access the monosynaptic
>component, some laboratories analyze EPSP slopes using the least-squares
>regression. Why not simply to analyze the amplitude?
>
>Here some examples of publications...
>
>"For EPSP analysis, The initial rising slope was measured, (1 msec
>period form its onset, in milivolts per millisencond), which contains
>only a monosynaptic component )..."
>
>"To minimize the contribution of voltage-dependent conductances, initial
>slopes of EPSPs were calculated..."
>
>I would appreciate some literature about it. I miss some about PSC/Ps,
>because traditional electrophysiological books (i.e Hille, Neher &
>Sakmann), don't tell much about it.
>
>Thank you very much again!

I will have to get back to you on this, probably later tonight.
I just wanted to acknowledge your questions and let you know I haven't
forgotten.