[Neuroscience] Re: entorhinal cortex

Peter F fell_spamtrap_in at ozemail.com.au
Thu Feb 23 04:46:18 EST 2006

"Petra" <petra.proeglhoef at onemail.at> wrote in message
news:1140541502.167858.128800 at o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Hi everybody!
>
> Has somebody read any articles about the relationship between damage
of
> the entorhinal cortex and Alzheimer's disease? I'm trying to work on
> that topic and find it very difficult to find/get informations.

[Sorry for not saying anything other than that some
googling might satisfying your appetite for information.]

I am seeing that there is an opportunity to
connect (at least conceptually) this region of the cerebral cortex
with the by Radium (recent poster in this NG) indirectly
pointed out possibility of a conditioning for a reflexive and habitual
maintenance of a highly selective unconsciousness of certain
traumatically painful
(including emotionally or psychologically so) stored (or imprinted)
experiences.

And, that such a staving off, of "conditioned-in" [and chronically kept
as if "hibernated" - i.e. specifically, not generally, so - but
unconsciously
remembered (or "reverberating") stressors -, and effecting symptoms
*nevertheless*] potentially self-defeatingly distressful
endogenous signals thus chronically caused by *no longer environmentally
current*
"specific hibernation imploring type (~traumatizing) situations",
can in combination with other factors (e.g. a chronically elevated
secretion of cortisol)
strongly contribute to the onset of Alzheimer's disease amongst many
other somatic
and psychological symptoms of 'dis_ease'.

All this can be insight-inspiringly inserted (albeit by very few people)
within an entirely science-aligned rational and realistic philosophical
frame that can be expressed by "concEPTs" such as (e.g.):
(Our) AEVASIVE (neuropsychobiology); SHITS come CURSES,
and their frequent conflux with "opportunity type" evolutionary
pressures
 (as part of the "Evolutionary Pressure Totality").

All by me contrived concEPTs are mainly relevant to the phylogeny of
fauna;
and especially relevant to the phylogeny of folk.