[Neuroscience] Re: entorhinal cortex

Petra petra.proeglhoef at onemail.at
Fri Feb 24 05:53:00 EST 2006

Hi!

I'm sorry that my english is not so good (I can speak very well but am
not very much into scientific english, but I learn...). But as far as I
understood, you think that supressed conflicts or traumata are
responsable for the onset of Alzheimer? That's an interesting thought.
There are some hypotheses about oxidative cell stress...

The entorhinal cortex is the first place where plaques appear, then the
plaques destroy the whole limbic system and at the end the isocortex is
affected. This happens in every brain, systematically. We know that,
but we don't know why the plaques appear. There are no biomarkers.

LOve Petra