[Neuroscience] Re: entorhinal cortex

konstantin kouzovnikov myukhome at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:12:49 EST 2006

> > right, i thought alzheimers was a amyloid protien build up, not a trauma
> > induced alpha state so psychic detatchment occurs to prevent painful
> > memories,  or whatever, it's late and i may have misread something
> > somewhere.. if so, sorry...
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amyloid

a good Brit, now an Australian, Max Coltheart, who also a guy producing some
of the most compelling research on delusion, asked a valid question: must
the psychodynamic and the neuroscientific paradigms be neccessary opposing
each other? To counterpart trauma and protein build -up is to assume that
certain types of traumatic experiences do not lead to systemic and stable
changes in CNS? including changes at the biochemical level? Do you recall
the days when one had to argue that the mild to moderate concussions, as in
soccer players, do lead to stable and irreversable cognitive decline (!)
under certain conditions? if one is still wondering about it just take
anything related to nurturing delusion (check out Mike Shanks and Annalena
Venneri publications) in dementia; what you'll find out is the fact that the
females who develop it, are the spauses of domineering husbands (of many
years!)... something to think about... Of course, there is a third opinion,
it's the personality of the one who choses such huibands..., i.e  not the
trauma adjusting to one...

>You'd be with the majority of scientific opinion in this view.  Truth is
>often the first casualty of UseNet.

are you referring to the peer pressure effect? T. Khun's contexct could be
an interesting take on "the majority thing" in science... I think a valid
argument is a much more effective way to have a discorse.

Cheers,

Konstantin