[Neuroscience] Thought and firing neurons

chadmaester chad.d.johnson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 01:18:46 EST 2006

When our brain receive external inputs, it triggers neurons to fire in
a cascading manner, which I guess is what thought is.

My question is, does thought involve anything more than (in general)
the firing of neurons? If not, then what is our short-term memory for?
Does processed information somehow get transferred to and stored
temporarily there? If so, then is short-term memory centralized
somewhere in the brain, and then if so, how does it get transferred
there?

Thanks in advance!