[Neuroscience] amphoterocin B problem

Wendy Bui wendybui11 at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 10:47:05 EST 2006

Hello

I'm a graduate student from the University of Texas at
Dallas.  Recently while looking up information on
amphoterocin B, I found your posting regarding the
problems you had with ampho B. I wonder if you could
give me some advice on ampho B.  I'm currently using
the newly purchased Amphoterocin B (pre-mix solution)
and add it fresh to my intracellular solution (final
osmolarity 288 p.H 7.2)

I tried different concentrations, different sonication
durations, and different osmolarities.  Still, the
amphoterocin B doesn't seem to work well.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestion
you have.

Thanks

Wendy Bui