[Neuroscience] Re: size of a baby's brain

r norman NotMyRealEmail at _comcast.net
Mon May 15 20:14:50 EST 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006 00:39:29 GMT, "Jeff" <kidsdoc2000 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Jayne Lytel" <jl at diplomats.com> wrote in message
>news:mailman.862.1147033118.16885.neur-sci at net.bio.net...
>Hello,
>
>I am writing a book on autism for Penguin (2007) and was hoping that one
>of you might help, as I'm not a medical professional. I want to describe
>the size of a baby's brain at birth. I've learned that it is about 350 cc
>but wanted to use imagery of some kind to compare how big that is -- that
>is the size of an orange or something like that. Can anyone help out with
>that.

Get a measuring cup.  It probably is marked both in ounces and ml (the
same thing as cc).    You will find that 350 ml is close to 12 oz, the
size of a can of soda or beer.