[Neuroscience] Re: Ideas for getting a Sutter to pull reasonable pipettes?

Christian Wilms via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by usenet02 from out-of-phase.de)
Wed Aug 1 07:11:16 EST 2007

Bill <connelly.bill from gmail.com> wrote:

> I was able to get quite a small tip, a reasonably quick taper at the
> tip, and hence a low-ish resistance for the tip size, by setting the
> heat on the first line to about 10 points below the ramp melt
> temperature. This causes the taper to begin far more steeply than at
> higher temperatures. The velocity trip point was quite long (~80)
> allowing the pipette to be long enough to reach under liquid immersion
> optics.

That sounds like something I will try as soon as I am back to using a
horizontal Sutter again (currently on a vertical 2-step Narishige).
Thanks!

Best, Christian