[Neuroscience] Re: Does TTX degrade?

Thu Aug 2 16:51:08 EST 2007

I know that TTX degrades at 4 degrees in saline overnight.

I suppose the proof of the pudding is in the tasting; find someone
with some cultured neurons, or some other electrophysiological
apparatus, if a hand-full of nanomolar (10-50) of TTX  is enough to
block action-potential generation, then it's still good.

Our lab regularly keeps TTX at -20 for a year, with no observable loss
of potency, but I don't know about stretching that to over a decade