[Neuroscience] Re: glutamte concentration to stimulate dissociated cultured neurons

Thu Aug 2 20:49:14 EST 2007

When we apply Glutamate from a Y-tube (essentially just a gravity feed
pipe about ~100-200um from the cell), the excitatory current has an
EC50 of around 1mM.
It's hard to comment on how long you should apply it for, as I don't
know what you are trying to achieve, however, with our Y-tube system,
the current reaches a peak around 100-300ms after the pulse is
started.