[Neuroscience] Re: gap juntions

Christian Wilms via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by usenet02 from out-of-phase.de)
Fri Aug 3 11:48:55 EST 2007

Karthik Rajasekaran <kr5z from virginia.edu> wrote:

> I am just curious to know if gap junctions can be studied
> electrophysiologically in a brain slice akin to studying chemical synapses?
I guess that depends on how much akin you want to go. In principal it is
possible to study gap junctions using established techniques. In my
previous lab we had a guest for several months, who was characterising
gap junctions in cerebellar slices using a combination of whole cell
patch-clamp recordings and live cell confocal imaging.

Sorry, that I'm not able to provide further details.

H2H, Christian