[Neuroscience] Ideas for getting a Sutter to pull reasonable pipettes?

Mon Jul 2 22:10:32 EST 2007

Hey,

I've got a sutter P-97, Flaming/Brown, Puller. I'm using thin walled
1.5mm OD borosilicate glass (hHrvard glass). I've tried every
combination of velocity, temperature and pull I can think of, and most
of the ones in the"recipe book". The problem is the tips are too big,
or to get the tips to a reasonable size, the tapper is so long then
walls of the electrode are parallel by the end, and the resistance is
massive.

I know no one can give me exact numbers, but does anyone have any
general ideas?

Anything appriciated,

-Bill