[Neuroscience] Re: why did humans grow a bigger neocortex?

J.A.Legris via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by jalegris from sympatico.ca)
Sun Jul 15 18:19:40 EST 2007

On Jul 14, 11:21 pm, rAgAv <ragav.pa... from googlemail.com> wrote:
> To put the question in more detail.....
>
> I want to know why the unique evolution of the human brain into what
> it is now happened in the first place. Why didn't it happen to the
> other creatures?

But it did happen to some of the other creatures, right up to the last
species from which modern humans diverged. Small-brained creatures
evidently have done well enough without big brains (so far), but who
knows what the future holds?

--
Joe