[Neuroscience] Re: Ideas for getting a Sutter to pull reasonable pipettes?

Tue Jul 31 04:17:20 EST 2007

A vague answer to my own question, as a sort of note for anyone with
the same problem in the future.

I was able to get quite a small tip, a reasonably quick taper at the
tip, and hence a low-ish resistance for the tip size, by setting the
heat on the first line to about 10 points below the ramp melt
temperature. This causes the taper to begin far more steeply than at
higher temperatures. The velocity trip point was quite long (~80)
allowing the pipette to be long enough to reach under liquid immersion
optics.