[Neuroscience] Re: Physiological perception of pain relative to action potential frequencies

J-P via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by Cervellone from gmail.com)
Sun Mar 4 11:18:10 EST 2007

On 1 Mrz., 10:05, "MDL" <dartk... from hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I'm not sure this is the correct place to ask, and I do apologize if
> it is not, but I was looking for information about the brain's
> perception of pain relative to action potential frequencies,
> preferably in journal form. The nerves we are studying in particular
> are the a-delta, a-beta and c-fibers. I have found a lot of
> information relating perception of pain to stimulus intensity, but no
> information about the effect of frequency on the brain's perception of
> pain. If anyone has/knows where I could find any information, please
> let me know. I do have access to many medical journals and the like
> online and through library resources.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> MDL

Hi
To my knowledge as other stimuli pain is coded by rate code of single
neurons  and population code by the number of involved neurons but
unlike pressure does not adapt....... etc
What don't exacly understand is what you mean by frequency. Frequency
where ? In peripheral Axons, In thalamus, In Sensory cortex ? Could
you specify?
J-P