[Neuroscience] Visual comprehension and reading

Niki via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by n.m.keele from hotmail.co.uk)
Tue Mar 6 15:45:23 EST 2007

Could anyone point me to any papers and articles exploring
perception of text and if there are any differences in the
understanding of content depending upon its direction? for
example reading from top to bottom, left to right, and right
to left?

When we look at a scene or a picture we may habitually read
the picture from the direction we have become most comfortable
with, but are there any other reasons, eg neurological or the
particular visual processing areas that are affected by movement
of the eyes?

I read that people who's first language was Chinese, tended to
have a better overall perception of a scene and its content,

ta :)

n.