[Neuroscience] Re: Q on vestibular system: Acceleration or velocity?

Tue Mar 6 20:42:36 EST 2007

When you say the vestibular system, you just mean the semi-circular
canals and the Otoliths? The respond to acceleration. They can't
respond to velocity, because velocity does not impart a force on the
moving object. Though how this is coded further down the pathway, past
the 8th nerve/vestibular neculei I have no idea.