[Neuroscience] Re: Why glasses make our world brighter?

Lawson English via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by LawsonE from nowhere.none)
Mon Mar 19 15:30:48 EST 2007

ytf0707 from gmail.com wrote:
> Nearsight--> with glasses and your world brighter
> So why?
>
> More photons?
> What will be the difference between clarity and brightness?

If a light is out of focus, it sends photons out in all directions so
it is less bright.

My guess would be that our visual machinery automatically takes
this fact into account when evaluating how bright something is so
even though the same number of photons are reaching the eye
without the glasses, things appear less bright--to the retina, every
visible object IS less bright, because it is fuzzy, even though
collectively,
they have equal brightness.