[Neuroscience] Hippocampal gross anatomical location

Imre Vida via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by I.Vida from bio.gla.ac.uk)
Wed May 2 11:14:26 EST 2007

Hi Hos,

the shape of the DG corresponds to what you typically
see in coronal sections of the dorsal (septal) part.
The small CA3 and CA1 areas further suggest a section
that is very close to the septal pole.
North - dorsal / south - ventral
Left - lateral / right - medial.

imre