[Neuroscience] Re: New Scientist Article on Addiction

Entertained by my own EIMC via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by write_to_eimc from ozemail.com.au)
Thu May 3 07:02:48 EST 2007

"Benjamin" <Benjamin from verizon.net> wrote in message
news:7_j_h.7357$b61.4499 from trndny09...
> "Entertained by my own EIMC" <write_to_eimc from ozemail.com.au> wrote in
> message
> news:46398654$0$17232$5a62ac22 from per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...
> | [...]
>
> | [These states can be thought of as something
> | maintained by the inertia of by learning acquired
> | extra nerve-functional 'mass' (Ken be thanked for
> | this more-than-a-metaphor) [...]
>
> Thanks, Peter.
>
> | "information contained in the temporal pattern of
> | neural impulse activity is transduced and integrated
> | within the intracellular signaling networks of neurons
> | to activate specific genes". [The last citationmarks
> | enclose a wording borrowed from R. Douglas Fields.]
> |
> | Peter
>
> Is there a specific ref. with respect to your citation?

I read an interesting and informative article once, in scaim.com (I think it
was); it was written by Fields. I subsequently followed got on to his home
(or work) WWWeb page:
http://neuroscience.nih.gov/Lab.asp?Org_ID=274

On that very webpage, under the heading "Research Interests", are the words
that I borrowed to be found.

That's all.