[Neuroscience] LTP measurement

blueocean12 from tom.com via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by blueocean12 from tom.com)
Sat May 26 09:56:54 EST 2007

Hi,I am doing field recording on CA1 areaof hippocampus( stimulate
schaffer collateral) . I try to measure LTP change before and after
some treatment. I find there is large variation between slices and It
not easy to get stable base line. The maximal baseline response I get
is about 1-1.5mv. Can anybody give me some suggestions on recording
techniques concering the placing location of stimulate electrode and
recording electrode and how to make the input-output curve? Any
suggestion of concern good measurement of LTP is greatly appreciated!
Ni