[Neuroscience] Morris Water Maze Data

N M via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by morriswatermaze from gmail.com)
Mon Oct 1 22:04:53 EST 2007

Hi,

Currently I am taking a senior design course wherein we must revamp the
Morris Water Maze.  One of our goals is characterizing rat behavior as it
swims through the maze.  However, we currently do not have any data to
analyze (the pool is being built and image tracking software is being
developed).  Does anyone have any data (locations of rats) that they would
be willing to share?  I'm trying to determine if the rat displays
thigmotaxis, random searching or direct finding.  Do you know of any specifc
methods that are currently used to characterize behavior?  Do certain
latency times correspond to different behaviors?

I would appreciate any and all help.

Thank you,
Wendy