[Neuroscience] clarification on rat anaesthesia

Rajamuthu srinivasan via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by drrajamuthu from gmail.com)
Fri Oct 12 04:07:56 EST 2007

Hullo doctor,
I am Dr.S.Rajamuthu working a project on rats nasal instillation.  On last
study we found profuse nasal discharge (mucoid, clear) when anasthetised
with ketamine and xylazine combination in 7 out of 40 rats and 4 died.
Our anasthetic protocol is as follows:
>From a cocktail of Ketamine 90mg and Xylazine 9 mg
we administer 0.1ml for 100g.
So far it went very well and this is the first time we are encountering
Our rats are 9 weeks old female Wistar rats
We are in need of your valuable suggestions in this regard...
Thank you
drrajamuthu from gmail.com

"Our ideal is not the spirituality that withdraws from life but the conquest
of life by the power of the spirit." -  Aurobindo.
Research Veterinarian,
Gangagen Biotechnologies Pvt. Ltd.,