[Neuroscience] Re: Good book about left brain/right brain

Sir Frederick via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by mmcneill from fuzzysys.com)
Sat Oct 20 16:38:52 EST 2007

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 12:59:51 -0400, r norman <r_s_norman from _comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 09:40:52 -0700, Scott H <zinites_page from yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>>In your opinion, what's the best book out there on brain function
>>lateralization and the overall differences between the left and right
>>hemispheres of the brain?
>>
>>I'm looking for something that's based on verified fact, not
>>speculation.
>
>You should start with Michael  Gazzaniga, a pioneer in split brain
>studies.  See his essay at
>
>http://cwx.prenhall.com/bookbind/pubbooks/morris4/medialib/readings/split.html
>and see the reading he  suggests.
>
>See, also
>
>http://neuropsychological.blogspot.com/2005/08/well-worth-reading-dr-michael.html
>and try to get the Nature paper cited.
>
>and
>http://www.psych.ucsb.edu/people/faculty/gazzaniga/publications/publications.php

Yes, Gazzaniga is a good reference, a bit dated, as am I, but a good start.
Here is a source that also hyperlinks into Gazzaniga and others :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split_brain