[Neuroscience] Re: Morris Water Maze Data

mathneuro via neur-sci%40net.bio.net (by mathneuro from gmail.com)
Mon Oct 22 21:42:18 EST 2007

N M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently I am taking a senior design course wherein we must revamp the
> Morris Water Maze.  One of our goals is characterizing rat behavior as it
> swims through the maze.  However, we currently do not have any data to
> analyze (the pool is being built and image tracking software is being
> developed).  Does anyone have any data (locations of rats) that they would
> be willing to share?  I'm trying to determine if the rat displays
> thigmotaxis, random searching or direct finding.  Do you know of any specifc
> methods that are currently used to characterize behavior?  Do certain
> latency times correspond to different behaviors?
>
> I would appreciate any and all help.
>
> Thank you,
> Wendy

There might be a relevant review in Nat Neurosci by Eichenbaum from a
couple of years ago. He covers some interesting results of that task.
There are several variations on this task available in the lit.